Thursday, February 8, 2007

8 February 2007.

It's been a while since the last post - but have some spare time today as the school is closed due to an unusually heavy fall of snow.
Not a great deal has happened yet. I collected the teacher's comments and did a presentation to them at the end of last term , just before Christmas. And have undated the plan. I met the headteacher and have agreed priorities. This year we plan to create a wildlife area, a garden for a garden club, plan the KS2 playground, install a year7/8 gazebo, widen the path at the back of the school and recycling bins. I also want to look into how we could do a five a side all weather football pitch. The latter costs about £100,000, so I have no idea how we could do this - but you never know. One of the teachers has volunteered to run the garden club, so I'm meeting her after half term.
The wildlife area has had a head start. A large tree blew down in the big storm a few weeks ago - in exactly the right place to form one boundary of the area. I hope it isn't tidied up! Hopefully finances will prevent any speedy action on that, so I can make my case for keeping it. The other thing is that it would be useful material for a chainsaw artist!

I'm just sending out a newsletter via the school to get volunteers - I'm desperate to get other people involved so it starts to be real and stop being a figment of my imagination. I want to have a steering group of staff, children and parents - but it'll have to meet after school which will rule out a lot of parents. I'll have to see what the response is - at the moment I fear it'll be no one. I do have a chair though - Annette. I find it very hard to set arrangements to organise people - like committees - I'm happy doing things myself, but including other people is a huge challenge to me - it's not them - it's me! So I'm glad Annette is involved as she has a real talent for it.

Got to go a build a snowman now

No comments: